dinsdag 8 april 2008

Getting started (about me...)

Here goes.....

As this is my first blog ever, I'd like to start with introducing myself.  My name is Patrick De Boeck and I live with my girlfriend in Merksem, a small city next to the center of the earth, Antwerp.  I am the proud father of a two year old little girl, Amber.

Professionally I am developing software since the year 2000 (that's right just after that millennium fuss thing).  I started out as Java developer by doing consultancy work across Europe (Antwerp, London, Luxembourg and Frankfurt).  In 2003 I had to opportunity to become lead developer/architect of a major software insurance project in Eindhoven.  I had to switch to the .NET world for it though, but so far I haven't regretted that.

In 2004 I decided to make a leap in the dark and become a freelance software developer.  My company is called PDBC - Systems and is specialized in .net consultancy.  I also participated in Allors.  In future blog post I will elaborate on this. 

Domain Driven Development will be the major theme of this blog.  I strongly believe that any development team should focus on their problem domain instead on infrastructural and persistence problems.  There are tools (see Allors) to take care of that for you.

That's enough about me now, but I promise the following blog posts will be more interesting.

Submit this story to DotNetKicks

Geen opmerkingen: